SOCIAL JUSTICE ART
- Social justice is an idea of justice that affirms social equality against any kind of discrimination or abuse out of social class, social status or any other reasons.
- Social justice art, and arts for social justice, encompasses a wide range of visual and performing art that aim to raise
- critical consciousness,
- build community,
- and motivate individuals to promotesocial change
- It can not only be a means to generate awareness, but it can also be a catalyst to engage community members to take action around a social issue.
- Social justice art, consequently allows people to developagency to interrupt and alter oppressive systemic patterns or individual behaviors.
- The processes by which people create and engage with art equips them with analytic tools to understand and challengesocial injustices through
- social justice education(teaching for social justice),
- community building,
- and social activism/social movements
325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330
Physical/Mental disability 329
Social status – education, life conditions 330